Cosmetic Dentist in Houston
Meet Dr. Wayde Fawcett
Dr. Fawcett has been named as a “Top Houston Dentist” by H Texas Magazine every year since 2003. He is a native Houstonian and a graduate of the University of Texas Austin (1980) and the University of Texas Dental School in Houston (1984). He has been practicing in his hometown, Houston, TX, since 1984 and has continued to help raise the standards for quality dental care ever since.
From dental implants and porcelain veneers to periodontal treatment and routine oral care, Dr. Fawcett’s passion for dentistry has inspired him to actively support his profession in leadership roles. Respected by his colleagues for his knowledge and expertise, he has proudly served on the Board of Directors for the Academy of General Dentistry, both at the local and at the State level, and was President of the Houston chapter in 2012. Additionally, he has served on both the Peer Review and Judicial Committees for the Greater Houston Dental Society.
Dr. Fawcett has been my family’s Dentist for over 30 years. We now travel over 150 miles to see him. He is the only one we trust with our teeth.
May 23, 2018
After becoming a MAGD, Dr. Fawcett was further recognized by the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) in 2015 with the Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition (LLSR). This prestigious accolade is presented to previous AGD Mastership recipients who complete an additional 500 hours of continuing education and demonstrate a strong dedication to continued education, charitable service, and the organized dental community.
Dr. Fawcett is a firm believer in keeping up with advances in technology and research and feels his clients “deserve nothing less than the best care I can possibly give them.”
Clients of Dr. Fawcett appreciate the personal attention, warmth and genuine concern he shows each individual. His fun-loving personality and compassionate chair-side manner have nurtured long-lasting relationships and loyal patients from all over the world.
In his leisure time, Dr. Fawcett enjoys cycling, hiking, traveling and spending time with his wife, Farhana, two daughters, and grandchildren.
We were thrilled that you had gone out of your way to make us feel special with your attention. A doctor that’s never too busy for his patients is a rare gem indeed!
Honors & Awards
- Master of the Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD)
- Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition (LLSR)
- Named “Top Houston Dentist” by H Texas Magazine every year since 2003
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists
- Academy of General Dentistry
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Texas Dental Association
- Greater Houston Dental Society
- Las Vegas Dental Institute
- 1,100 hours of continuing education coursework to qualify for the Master of the Academy of General Dentistry title
- Additional 500 hours of continuing education coursework to qualify for Lifelong Learning and Service Recognition from the AGD
- Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- The Peer Review and Judicial Committees for the Greater Houston Dental Society
- The Board of Directors for Houston Academy of General Dentistry 2007-2012 and served as the President from 2011-2012
- The Board of Directors for Texas Academy of General Dentistry 2012-2014
Q&A with Dr. Fawcett
Q: What made you decide to become a cosmetic dentist?
A: I enjoy the artistic aspect of dentistry—designing and creating beautiful smiles. I have always had a passion for dentistry because it has evolved into a very sophisticated field. At my office, technology allows us to streamline processes and also get more predictable outcomes. Also, it’s important to me that when my patients can actually see for themselves what I can see, it gives them the ability to be an active partner in their own dental care.
Q: What do you enjoy most about being a cosmetic dentist?
A: I love the positive impact a new smile has on improving people’s lives. We provide dentistry that changes people’s lives, and in doing so, we change our own.
Q: What is the key focus of your patient care philosophy?
Every patient is a unique individual with unique needs. So, I focus on the best way to help them achieve their smile goals, while also considering the aesthetic and mechanical complexities involved from a dental perspective. I also place a strong emphasis on patient comfort and the experience we provide. Our boutique, spa-like dental practice ensures that clients have a five-star experience with each visit.
My ongoing commitment to advanced training is also an essential aspect of providing outstanding patient care. Continuing education coursework ensures that my clients benefit from the latest techniques, advances in dentistry, and cutting edge technology. My approach has always been to provide comfortable, caring, and convenient dentistry. I’m proud to provide a wide range of services in general dentistry, with special focus on cosmetic dental procedures, dental implants, and full-mouth rehabilitation. Some of my many accomplishments in ongoing dental training include:
- My training at the Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies
- I am a Master of the Academy of General Dentistry
- I am a Fellow of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
Q: With so many cosmetic dentists in Houston, why choose you?
- My extensive training and expertise in advanced dental procedures enables me to provide a full range of dental procedures under one roof—and many times, in one visit.
- Very few general dentists in Houston perform such comprehensive dental services for complex cases. In other words, I do everything from dental implants, bone grafting, crowns, veneers, root canal treatment etc. all within my practice.
- My commitment to quality governs every aspect of the work that is done at our practice. This ensures that our team always exceeds our clients’ expectations.
Q: Are there any cosmetic dentistry cases you are particularly proud of?
A: All-on-4® (also called “teeth-in-a-day”) is an exciting alternative to dentures and traditional dental implants that can give patients a full set of new teeth in just one visit. For patients who do not want to deal with the hassle of traditional dentures, this is one of the most popular and ground breaking procedures offered at Fawcett Center for Dentistry. With this innovative procedure, damaged teeth are removed first then replaced with dental implants and new teeth all in the same day.
Q: What excites you most about the future of cosmetic dentistry?
A: When it comes to replacing missing teeth, dental implants can provide the most natural-looking replacement because they feel and function much like natural teeth. I integrate the most advanced technology available for precise surgical planning and full implant design. This helps me to consistently achieve superior outcomes for patients, allowing them to eat, speak, and smile with confidence. My knowledge and experience allow me to plan and perform every stage of the procedure—from placing implants to creating and securing the final restorations—all under the same roof! This not only makes it convenient and efficient for the patient, it also helps to improve precision, predictability, and quality from start to finish.
Patients wanting to improve multiple cosmetic concerns might benefit from a smile makeover. This combination of popular cosmetic treatments can quickly and effectively renew the smile’s appearance with a multi-step approach. Common concerns addressed during a smile makeover include chipped or cracked teeth, gaps or spaces between teeth, tooth misalignment, stains and discoloration, excess gum tissue, and missing teeth. My attention to detail and dedication to quality are evident in the custom treatment plans I design to meet the unique dental needs and cosmetic goals of each individual.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Fawcett, please contact the Fawcett Center for Dentistry.